Required for Minor (9-12 Credits):
- COAN 101 - Art of Western Civilization - 3 credits
Two of the following three courses:
- COAN 221 - Workshop in Studio Art I: Drawing - 3 credits
- COAN 222 - Workshop in Studio Art II: Painting - 3 credits
- COAN/MCDN 224 - Drawing and Painting I - 3 credits
Any Two/Three Electives From the Following (6-9 Credits):
- COAN/GCAN 166 - Introduction to the Visual Arts - 3 credits
- COAN 203 - Ceramics - 3 credits
- COAN/MCDN 225 - Drawing and Painting II - 3 credits
- COAN 226 - Workshop in Art: Painting II - 3 credits
- COAN 301 - Aesthetics of Modern Art - 3 credits
- COAN 302 - Jewish Art - 3 credits
- COAN 306 - Children’s Book Illustration - 3 credits
- COAN 316 - Jewish Archaeology - 3 credits
- COAN 227 - Foundations of Illustration - 3 credits
- MCDN 150 - Foundations of Design I - 3 credits
- MCDN 221 - Photography - 3 credits
- PSYN 209 - Introduction to Art Therapy - 3 credits
- PSYN 309 - Art Therapy II - 3 credits
- COAN 131 - Introduction to Music - 3 credits
- COAN 303 - Jewish Music - 3 credits
Total Credits in Program: 18
- Some computer graphics courses have specific prerequisites that must be met.
- Introduction to Psychology is a prerequisite for Introduction to Art Therapy.
- The same courses cannot be used for a major and for the visual arts minor.
- At most two elective art history courses can be counted towards the minor.