Fresh Faces at LCW
Did you know…?
Would you have guessed that the student sitting next to you in Comp II has two pet pygmy goats and three chickens? This year’s new student cohort at Lander College for Women—The Anna Ruth and Mark Hasten School (LCW) is as diverse as ever. Read these fun facts they shared and take a moment to learn about the new faces on campus.
- Sarah E., from Boynton Beach, FL, is studying psychology…and has a second-degree black belt in karate, which she took for 12 years.
- Chana P., from Fairfax, VA, is studying sociology…and played defense on her community’s ultimate frisbee team.
- Rachel O., from Cherry Hill, NJ…was 17 years old when she first flew on a plane.
- Adira G., from West Hempstead, NY, is pre-law…and took contemporary ballet throughout high school.
- Mori B., from Denver, CO, is studying biology and computer science…and creates graffiti art in her spare time.
- Hannah T., from Houston, TX, is studying English and education…and was a vegetarian for 14 years.
- Shosh G., from Lower Merion, PA, is studying psychology…and had 24 pets in the span of three years, including a ferret.
- Vivian O., from Houston, TX, is a pre-PA student…y habla español muy bien.
- Chanie B., from Queens, NY, is studying business and management…and taught herself to juggle.
- Sarah C., from Monsey, NY, is studying computer science…and has dreams to road-trip across America.
- Natasha W., from Los Angeles, CA, is studying communications…and is very passionate about Dubsmash.
- Liora B., from Lawrence, NY, is studying psychology…and lived in Paris until age 15.
- Sarah S., from Cedarhurst, NY…wants to be a criminal detective.
- Reena E., from Palm Bay, FL, is studying Judaic Studies…and has been playing violin for 11 years, following in the footsteps of her mother and great-grandmother—whose violin, bought in the early 1900s off a pushcart in Manhattan, she still plays in her house!
- Rochel G., from Chicago, IL, is studying psychology…and spent last summer volunteering for One Family Fund in Israel.
- Rebecca W., from Queens, NY, is studying speech-language pathology…and has only started to learn the NYC subway system because of her daily commute to LCW.
- Nikki F., from Long Beach, NY, is studying sociology…and plays six jazz instruments including the oboe and saxophone.
- Penina A., from Elizabeth, NJ, is studying psychology…and was head of Kedma in her seminary year (which she won!). She picks up her musical talent from her dad, who’s a DJ!
- Moriah B., from Monsey, NY, is studying biomedical-engineering…and spent a summer driving from NY to Alaska on a 73-hour road trip with her family.
- Aliza K., from Highland Park, NJ, is studying psychology…and has two pet pygmy goats and three chickens.