One step at a time.
1. Create an FSA ID.
With a unique FSA ID, you can apply for Financial Aid online. You only need to register once.
2. Complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on or after October 1.
Touro College’s code: 010142
You must do this every year you wish to receive financial aid. Because funding is limited for some aid packages, you should make every effort to file your FAFSA as early in the year as possible. Email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as your FAFSA is submitted with the subject line FAFSA COMPLETED. Please include your name and student ID number. Do not include any personal identifiable information like SSN.
3. NY Residents: Complete your Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application online.
Touro College’s code: 0865
If eligible, within two weeks of submitting your FAFSA, you’ll receive an email from New York State with a link to your TAP application. Once completed, let your financial aid counselor know.
4. Once your FAFSA has been processed, we will send you an award letter clarifying the types of aid for which you are eligible.
Contact us with any questions.
5. If you are taking out a loan, you must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN).
The MPN is a legally binding agreement stating you agree to repay your loans to the Department of Education.
6. At the beginning of each term, the Financial Aid office will initiate your loans, and the Bursar will disburse your funds.
Make sure you let us know if you receive any other outside scholarships, as they may affect your aid package. We’ll let you know of any entrance and exit tests you must take, or additional eligibility requirements.