Each Health Sciences School sets its own requirements for admission. The list below is patterned after the requirements at Touro’s own School of Health Science in Manhattan. The requirements listed above are minimums only. 200 hours of health care fieldwork (including shadowing and direct patient healthcare experience) is mandatory. These courses do NOT satisfy the requirements to graduate from The Lander Colleges.
Required Science Courses (28 Credits):
- BIO 101 - Principles of Biology I - 4 credits
- BIO 102 - Principles of Biology II - 4 credits
- BIO 222 - Anatomy and Physiology I - 4 credits
- BIO 223 - Anatomy and Physiology II
- CPC 101 - General Chemistry I - 4 credits
- CPC 102 - General Chemistry II - 4 credits
- CPC 201 - Organic Chemistry I - 4 credits
Other Required Courses (24 Credits):
- LLE 101 - English Composition I - 3 credits
- LLE 102 - English Composition II - 3 credits
- MAT 120 - Pre-calculus (or higher) - 3/4 credits
- MAT 261 - Statistics - 3 credits
- 6 Credits in Psychology/Sociology
- 6 Credits in Humanities (History, Literature, Art, Languages)
Additional electives to reach the 90 credit total (at least 9 in Liberal Arts)
- BIO 211 - Genetics - 3/4 credits
- BIO 228 - Microbiology - 4 credits
- BIO 302 - Immunology - 4 credits
- CPC 202 - Organic Chemistry II - 4 credits
- CPC 203 - Biological Chemistry (or equivalent) - 3 credits
- CPP 101 - General Physics I - 4 credits
- CPP 102 - General Physics II - 4 credits
- Additional courses to reach the 90 credit total.
Total Credits in Program: 90
- Each Health Science School sets its own requirements for admission. The above list patterned after the requirements at Touro’s own Health Science School in Manhattan. The requirements listed above are minimums only.
- 200 hours of direct patient healthcare experience is mandatory.
- 20 additional hours shadowing a Physician Assistant is mandatory.
- These courses do NOT satisfy the requirements to graduate from The Lander Colleges.
- Revised October 2014