Grants, Scholarships and Loans
The College is committed to helping students meet the cost of their education through a variety of financial aid programs, including academic scholarships, need-based financial assistance, grants, subsidized and unsubsidized federal loans, and the college work-study program. More than eighty percent of the undergraduates at Touro College receive some type of financial assistance.
Touro College awards annually over a million dollars in Touro College Academic Scholarships to students with superior high school scholastic records. Scholarships are renewable upon satisfactory academic performance for up to four years.
A special program for highly qualified students at Lander College called Lander College Scholars, awards substantial scholarships as well.
Need-based grants include the New York State TAP Awards, the Federal PELL Awards (Important information concerning Pell Awards/Grants), and Touro College Grants. Students may qualify for a combination of need-based grants and scholarships.
Federal Direct Loan programs, at low interest rates, are another source of assistance. You must complete the Master Promissory Note and the entrance counseling at www.studentloans.gov. Loans must be repaid after graduation or upon leaving college. To qualify, you must complete the Touro Financial Aid Application which is available at the College’s office.
To apply for Federal, State and Touro College financial aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA). Applications are completed on-line at WWW.FAFSA.ED.GOV. Touro College’s school code os 010142. Please contact the financial aid office at 718-252-7800 ext. 250 once you have completed the FAFSA forms.
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) (Only NYS residents may qualify): Maximum Annual Award $5,000
- PELL Grants (Important information concerning Pell Awards/Grants) Maximum Annual Award $5,550
- Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG) Maximum Annual Award $750
- Touro College Grants
- Touro College Academic Scholarships
- Lander College Honors Program Scholarships
- Dean’s Scholarships
- College Work-Study Program – Student must meet government guidelines
- Perkins Loans -Need – Based- Maximum Annual Award $2,500
- Federal Direct Subsidized Stafford Loans and Unsubsidized loans
- 1st Year Maximum Annual Award $5,500
- 2nd Year Maximum Annual Award $6,500
- 3rd and 4th Years Maximum Annual Award $7,500
- Parents Loans are also available. Contact the Financial Aid Office at (718) 252-7800 ext. 250 for more information.