Integrated Health Sciences Honors Track
Fast track your career in the health sciences.
This Honors Track program is designed for future occupational and physical therapists, physician assistants, and speech language pathologists who are—though still in high school or have not yet started their college careers—committed to a profession in the Health Sciences.
Acceptance into the Integrated Health Sciences Honors Track reserves a spot in Touro’s School of Health Sciences. Students who demonstrate exceptional academic ability and commitment to pursue a career in health sciences are encouraged to apply.
How to apply to the Integrated Health Sciences Honors Track:
- A completed Integrated Honors Program application
- High school average of 90% or better.
- In schools where students are ranked, top 15% of the high school class.
- SAT score 1250/1600 or 1900/2400, with a minimum of 600 in each of the three sections or ACT score of 28.
- Acceptance to a Touro undergraduate school
- Letter of recommendation by the Dean of the undergraduate division following a formal interview with the Office of the Dean.
Notification of acceptance will be provided by the undergraduate admissions department.
To retain your spot at the School of Health Sciences, accepted students must:
- Receive a grade of “B” or better on all Science courses
- Receive a grade of “B” or better on all Math courses
- Receive a grade of “A-” or better on all Speech MAJOR courses
- Maintain semester overall GPA of 3.5
- Enter the professional phase within 36 months of matriculation at an Touro NY campus
- Attend on-campus scheduled meetings with the Director of Central Admissions
- Follow the application processes and deadlines for the SHS program to which they have been admitted in order to retain their reserved seat. The Director of Central Admissions will be available during on-campus meetings to review pre-requisite course sequencing and progression in a timely manner through the pre-professional phase. Students must complete all pre-requisite coursework and required volunteer work (in addition to those completed for consideration into the Honors Program) by the deadlines stated on the webpage for each SHS Program.
- Take the GRE, required by Speech Program only, and score a minimum of 1250 on first two parts and 4.5 or higher on written section.
- Identify their intended start date for the professional phase of the program. Deferment and earlier attendance requires permission of the Program Chair and Director.
All inquiries for application to the SHS Graduate Programs and for application to the Integrated Undergraduate/SHS Honors Program should be addressed to:
SHS Central Admissions office
Director of Admissions
(631) 665-1600 ext. 6505
Applications can be downloaded from the School of Health Sciences website.